The Basic Goodness Foundation was founded in 2012, when we obtained our charitable status in Hong Kong in September 2012.
Our vision and mission
Basic Goodness Foundation is a secular, charitable humanitarian organization founded on the principle that basic human nature is one of natural virtue – of kindness, compassion, openness and intelligence. Our vision is to nurture the very best in human nature, bringing out the basic goodness that lies within us.
In line with our vision, our mission is to benefit all those in need. We do so by working with a network of local partners and volunteers to provide health-care, education, disaster relief and social services to the underprivileged, particularly in Asia.
Our core values:
- Cultivating wisdom and enabling people to have awareness and knowledge so that they can improve their quality of life
- Cherishing compassion by helping communities fulfill their basic needs, and encouraging them to then
- Helping others so that the values of kindness and compassion will form an unbroken chain
- Enabling people to live in dignity, as the wisdom and compassion that they have developed are imbued into their daily lives.
The core principles governing our humanitarian work are:
- Commitment to sustainable community development
- Efficient and effective delivery that meets local needs
- Strong partnerships with local stakeholders and supporters
- Consultation and sharing
- Accountability and transparency
We look to support efforts that are able to directly benefit people by alleviating their immediate suffering, and also those that indirectly benefit people through improving their awareness and quality of life.